BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE
International Trade Lawyers in California
Let us help you!
If you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Our team will get back to you immediately. We are available 24/7.
Call : 760 690-3999
Mon – Fri 09:00-17:00
“We’ve got you covered”
Call our experienced California lawyers. Whether you are located at San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange, Irvine, Santa Ana, Anaheim, or in between, we are always close to you.
Our Trade, Employment, Negotiation, Mediation and Litigation services include:
Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Proceedings
We assist U.S. importers, producers, and foreign manufacturers with U.S. import trade remedy regulation and compliance matters.
We represent U.S. as well as Asian business clients in “non-market economy” antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings on products ranging from metals and chemicals to agricultural and seafood products. Our trade litigation lawyers can provide you not only with the legal shield of representation but also with valuable prevention advice.
We assist clients in trade remedy actions before the ITC and the United States Trade Representative’s office (“USTR”) brought to impose tariffs or quotas on imports alleged to be injurious to U.S. domestic production.
Intellectual Property Trade Enforcement Proceedings
We advise and represent clients in Section 337 actions before the ITC which involve the import of products allegedly infringing U.S. patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
Transshipment and False Claim Act Proceedings
We advise and represent companies against which such claims have been brought and we advise and represent companies that wish to pursue such claims.
Customs Compliance and Enforcement
We advise U.S. importers and other clients on customs classification, protests, prior disclosures, customs penalty defenses, defenses of liquidated damages claims, preferential duty programs and valuation.
No matter how many time zones your workforce may span, our domestic and international employment lawyers can help you tackle your risks as an employer.
In today’s diverse and global workforce, the relationship between employers and employees is highly regulated, and the ever-increasing potential for discrimination and harassment suits can be intimidating. CLG helps you avoid costly litigation with company policies and practices to reduce your risks and increase compliance.
Whether your employees are in the Bangladesh, Brazil, the United States, India, or elsewhere, CLG can provide valuable counsel as you develop your hiring practices and your policies around employee benefits, employee compensation, working hours, overtime, paid leave, specially protected employees, employee layoffs, employee terminations, and non-competition agreements. We also can assist you in preparing bilingual employment documents, from offer letters to employee manuals.
Should you run into conflict, our dedicated employment law team will be your advocate. Our attorneys have represented companies, large and small, in industries as challenging as cannabis, entertainment, and emerging technologies. We have the know-how to help you navigate stressful litigation, and will work with you to manage your concerns and expectations while fiercely protecting your business.
For your domestic or International employment legal needs our employment lawyer will br with you every step of the way:
- Employment agreements
- Employer audits for legal compliance
- Employer-employee handbooks
- Settlement agreements
- Advice and counsel on all types of employment litigation, including:
- Whistleblower retaliation
- Enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
CLG has the direct and relevant experience you need. Our Foreign Direct Investment Practice Group includes lawyers and professional associates fluent in Hindi, Mandarin, Spanish and French.
From food distributors to hi-tech companies to pharmaceutical giants to motorcycle manufacturers, we are able to assist a wide variety of international companies seeking to establish their presence in the U.S. and whether they are based in India, China or the Hispanic hemisphere. We are the knowledge and connection hub for their demanding and unique legal needs.
- Mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of assets
- Business formation, including alternative business structures
- Stock sales and exchanges
- Acquisitions and dispositions of corporate, limited liability entities, partnership interests and joint venture interests
- Tender offers
- Counsel for clients on structuring transactions and legal terms
- Assistance in negotiating transactions
- Prepare documents to effect the transaction and handle closings
- Employment agreements and employee incentive arrangements
- Incorporation, business plan preparation, seed and angel investor financing
- Venture capital investment
- Intellectual property evaluation
- Registration and protection
- Strategic partnerships and business combinations
- Employment litigation, claims and settlements
- Employment policy and compliance
- Executive and employee work visas
- Zoning, construction and disposition
- Environmental permitting
- Property management
- Property tax appeals
- Handling complex cross-border litigation, from pleadings to trial
- Legal counsel on complex issues, for clients in the U.S and abroad
- International Trade and Customs Issues
- Commercial Real Estate
- Business & Commercial Services
- Corporate Structuring & Operations
- Government Affairs